- I started making my own lunches and packed it up in my reusable Thirty One lunchbox that my mom gave me for Christmas one year.
- When I was out visiting my mom, we snagged fruit from the hotel's breakfast. The banana I had was about to go, so I peeled and chopped it and froze it for smoothies.
- I've really been shopping the pantry at home lately and I've made up quite a few meals without spending a dime for extra ingredients. We have a bunch of older spices that I've been hitting pretty heavy to get rid of them, too.
- For lunch at work, I finished the last two slices of a mushroom pizza instead of ordering fried rice even though I really wanted fried rice.
- Yesterday I made $3.55 via rebate apps Checkout 51*, MobiSave* (*use code AKHJYJNZ), and Berrycart*.
- My mom signed up for Mobisave, so I got a $1 from the referral!
- I've got my other half saving his receipts, so I go through his grocery receipts for potential rebates and to scan them into Receipt Hog* for points for PayPal money.
- While out at Target, Annie's mac and cheese was on sale for $.99 per box, originally $1.79, and I used two $1 off two manufacturer coupons, which brought them down to only $.49 per box!
- In the same Target trip, I picked up this set* of adorable popsicle molds for only $4.48 on clearance. They'll be a nice treat for the little guy this summer.
- With SavingStar, I cashed out $5.88 to my PayPal. They feature mainly name brands that I don't buy, but occasionally I'll get a bag of chips or take advantage of the fresh produce offers.
- Sunday night I made a quick and thrifty pantry sauce to top the rest of my spaghetti squash - lots of minced garlic and spices, some wrinkly cherry tomatoes, the rest of a bag of meatless crumbles, and then I poured some gazpacho I received free with rebates over it. It cooked down nicely and I didn't have to open another jar of tomato sauce!
How have you saved pennies lately?